Pocophone F1 has been available on the market for several weeks. We know, however, that it does not offer support for Widevine L1. This is a solution required by services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video when streaming content in HD. Without this, it is not possible and therefore users of the Xiaomi smartphone are deprived of access to such convenience.
The MIUI forum announced, however, that a beta version of the software should be made available this quarter, where support for Widevine L1 will be added. Then, Pocophone F1 users will be able to take advantage of all the benefits of Netflix. Currently, Xiaomi is working on this with Google and Qualcomm.
It remains to be believed that in the case of Pocophone F1 it will not be as it was with OnePlus 5T. This smartphone was also devoid of Widevine L1 support. The manufacturer offered the possibility of adding DRM security, but it involved sending the phone back to the company, where the changes were introduced by the service technicians. This is due to security aspects and therefore such updates can not be made available via OTA.
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 – specifications
- 6.18-inch screen with Full HD + resolution (1080 x 2246 pixels)
- 8-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor from the Adreno 630 GPU
- 6 or 8 GB RAM memory type LPDDR4
- 64, 128 or 256 GB of data space
- MicroSD memory card reader with a capacity of up to 256 GB
- webcam 20 Mpix f / 2.0 for selfie and video calls
- camera Sony IMX363 12 Mpix + 5 Mpix with LED
- 4000 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS / GLONASS
- LTE modem
- dual SIM
- USB C connector
- fingerprint reader
- Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI