Nokia X7 made its debut in China earlier this month . However, we know that there is a global version of this phone on the way. It was suspected that, according to the current naming, the phone will hit the market with the addition of 7.1 Plus. It seems, however, that HMD Global has changed its mind and the phone will debut under the name Nokia 8.1.
Nokia 8.1 exists because of the Geekbench benchmark database. There, we learned that the device has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor with 4 GB of RAM operating memory. The same SoC is found in Nokia X7. So something must be on things. Although this name may cause some confusion.
Nokia 8.1 should actually replace Nokia 8, the flagship HMD Global. Meanwhile, it will be a smartphone from the so-called upper middle shelf. So it looks like a clever marketing gimmick. You can find the phone’s technical specifications below.
Nokia 8.1 – technical specifications
- 6.18-inch TFT LCD screen with Full HD + resolution (1080 x 2246 pixels)
- 8-core processor clocked at 2.2 GHz
- 4 or 6 GB of RAM
- 64 or 128 GB of data space
- MicroSD memory card reader with a capacity of up to 400 GB
- 20 Mpix webcam for selfie and video calling
- camera 12 + 13 Mpix with LED
- battery with a capacity of 3500 mAh
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS / GLONASS
- NFC (?)
- LTE modem
- dual SIM
- USB C connector
- fingerprint reader
- 154.8 × 75.76 × 7.97 mm
- 185 grams
- Android 8.1 Oreo