ASUS has brought two intermediate models on the Zenofne 5 line to Brazil this year. The Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro seems the most attractive option, bringing you more powerful hardware and no less than 128 GB of internal storage.
With the Snapdragon 630 chipset, the device promises good autonomy with 3,300 mAh of charge to power the system and keep the 6-inch screen on. We will know how much this device can withstand in our traditional simulation of real use.
The test works as follows: we have a list of applications, which is always the same, on all tested devices. Each app has a usage time in each cycle, and each cycle lasts just under one hour. Between the cycles, we pause for half an hour, leaving the smartphone on standby. Here are the apps and usage times:
- 6 minutes browsing on the All Mobile site using Chrome, videos on YouTube, video on MX Player, streaming on Spotify, songs on PowerAMP, WhatsApp and games;
- 4 minutes of calls via 3G;
- 2 minutes from Facebook, Gmail and Google Maps.
- Several cycles were repeated at intervals of 30 minutes until the device’s battery was completely exhausted. In this way, we had a more precise idea of the real autonomy.
- After a day of testing with Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro you get the following results:
- It took 15 hours and 37 minutes to deplete the Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro battery, which still had 2% charge after 11 and a half cycles of use.
- The screen remained on for 8 hours and 06 minutes.
- During this period, connections were made that totaled 40 minutes.
- We performed 10 complete cycles of tests that included:
- 60 minutes browsing in Chrome;
- 300 minutes of WhatsApp, Spotify, PowerAmp, MX Player and YouTube (60 minutes each);
- 60 minutes of games (Pokémon Go, Subway Surfers, Candy Crush, Injustice, Modern Combat 5 and Asphalt 8);
- 60 minutes of Facebook, Gmail and Google Maps (20 minutes each);
- 40 minutes of voice calls via 3G / 4G;
- Battery temperature was between 26 and 35 ° C for most of the test.
The Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro has the same charge, the same system and the same screen as the Zenfone 5 Selfie . However, the chipset is more economical as well as faster. With this, the simulation of real use lasted two hours more in the model more powerful than in the cheaper one.
Considering the small price difference – as suggested by ASUS, it’s only $ 200 – it’s hard to think of a reason to opt for the cheaper model, which delivers less power and much less battery power. But the full tests will show how far the Zenfone 5 Selfie is at a disadvantage over the Pro model.
Thank you to all who accompanied us on Monday for testing. Tomorrow has simulation with the iPhone 8 updated for iOS 12.
All the captures with the results are down there. Soon we will update the story with the compiled.
It was almost 15 hours and 40 minutes of testing, more than 8 hours of screen.
We spent little of the middle of the eleventh cycle, but the battery is at 2% and we thought it best to end up here before switching device switches.
And we are going to the 11th cycle, which probably will not go until the end. Battery in 7%.
Tenth cycle closed, and we are near the end of this test: only 8% of remaining load.
Time to start the tenth cycle. Battery in 17%.
Ninth cycle closed, and we have 18% charge remaining on Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro.
And we are going to the ninth cycle. The Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro has 27% charge.
Closed the eighth cycle, and we have 29% load on the Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro.
The eighth cycle is in progress, started with the battery still at 29%.
With seven complete cycles, the Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro has 39% remaining charge.
We go to the seventh cycle, with the battery at 47%.
Finished the sixth cycle and the battery is still at 48%.
The sixth cycle starts with the battery at 57%.
Fifth cycle closed and Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro holds with 58% of the load yet.
We started the fifth cycle with 67% remaining load.
After four cycles, the Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro now has 68% charge.
Started the fourth cycle with 76% of the remaining load.
With three complete cycles, the Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro still has 76% charge.
And let’s go to the third cycle, with Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro loading at 84%.
The Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro ends the second cycle with 84% of the battery charge.
The second cycle is already started with 93% remaining load.
The first cycle ended and the Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro battery dropped to 94%.
The Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro is ready for testing: 100% battery and screen brightness calibrated to 200 lux.
The Asus ZenFone 5 Selfie Pro is not yet available in Brazilian stores. To be notified when it arrives click here