The Zenfone 5 Selfie arrived in Brazil in August, with very modest hardware, modern design and 3,300 mAh battery. This model has the Snapdragon 430 inside, which indicates a less optimized range than intermediate models that have a Qualcomm 600 series platform – like the most expensive model, the Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro .
The Mobile Whole will test the device to see if the range is sufficient for a full day of moderate to heavy use. Let’s run our actual usage simulation to see how long the device supports, comparing to others that have already passed on our bench.
The test works as follows: we have a list of applications, which is always the same, on all tested devices. Each app has a usage time in each cycle, and each cycle lasts just under one hour. Between the cycles, we pause for half an hour, leaving the smartphone on standby. Here are the apps and usage times:
- 6 minutes browsing on the All Mobile site using Chrome, videos on YouTube, video on MX Player, streaming on Spotify, songs on PowerAMP, WhatsApp and games;
- 4 minutes of calls via 3G;
- 2 minutes from Facebook, Gmail and Google Maps.
- Several cycles were repeated at intervals of 30 minutes until the device’s battery was completely exhausted. In this way, we had a more precise idea of the real autonomy.
After a day of testing with the Zenfone 5 Selfie you obtained the following results:
- It took 12 hours and 38 minutes to deplete the Zenfone 5 Selfie battery, which shut down before the middle of the ninth cycle of our test.
- The screen remained on for 6 hours and 31 minutes.
- In this period connections were made that totaled 32 minutes.
- We performed 8 complete cycles of tests that included:
- 48 minutes browsing in Chrome;
- 240 minutes of WhatsApp, Spotify, PowerAmp, MX Player and YouTube (48 minutes each);
- 48 minutes of games (Pokémon Go, Subway Surfers, Candy Crush, Injustice, Modern Combat 5 and Asphalt 8);
- 48 minutes of Facebook, Gmail and Google Maps (16 minutes each);
- 32 minutes of voice calls via 3G / 4G;
- Battery temperature was between 26 and 36 ° C for most of the test.
With just over 12 hours of testing, the Zenfone 5 Selfie has enough power for a day of moderate to heavy use. However, you’ll probably get home with the whistling phone that needs to be plugged in – and you risk shutting it down even before entering your home and reaching the charger.
It’s too little. Even more considering that the carrying capacity is the same as the Zenfone 5 Selfie Pro. System and screen are also the same. That is, the processor of the most powerful model is, besides faster, more economical.
Sincerely? We see no advantage in opting for the Zenfone 5 Selfie, and Selfie Pro is a bit more expensive and offers much more than this model.
Soon, the agenda will be updated with the results compiled.
Screenshots are all below, with all the information. The test stays here, but we still have the Zewnfone 5 Selfie Pro in progress – and it should last another two full cycles, at least.
We are waiting for the device to have enough charge to power on. The test time was almost 12 hours 40 minutes.
And it did not even give half of the ninth cycle. With about ten minutes left for that brand, the Zenfone 5 Selfie hung up – out of nowhere, actually. It had 3% load yet …
We go to the ninth cycle, with 9% load.
In half an hour, let’s see how far Zenfone 5 Selfie goes in an eventual ninth cycle. Must be at least half full.
And the eighth cycle ends with only 10% load.
The battery charge dropped to 22% before starting the eighth cycle.
That’s the seventh cycle, and Zenfone 5 Selfie has 23% charge.
The load fell to 34% during this rest period. And let’s start the seventh cycle.
And we are getting to the final stretch of the test in Zenfone 5 Selfie. Battery at 35% after six full cycles.
We go to the sixth cycle with 46% battery.
And the fifth cycle comes to an end with 46% of the load remaining on the Zenfone 5 Selfie.
The fifth cycle starts with 57% remaining load. Or 56%, second GSam app.
And we have that common problem of GSam pointing one load and another system. So it’s 57%, actually, according to our tracking app.
The Zenfone 5 Selfie survives the fourth cycle with 58% load.
Fourth cycle started, and the Zenfone 5 Selfie held the same 69% charge during rest time.
At the end of the third cycle, the Zenfone 5 Selfie battery has already dropped to 69%.
Let’s start the third cycle with the Zenfone 5 Selfie battery at 80%.
And the second cycle ends with 80% remaining charge on the Zenfone 5 Selfie.
We started the second cycle with 91% remaining load.
And with a complete cycle completed, the Zenfone 5 Selfie battery has 92% charge.
And the Zenfone 5 Selfie bump test has already begun.
The device is ready to start the test. The charge is at 100% and the screen is calibrated with the brightness of 200 lux in white image.
The Asus Zenfone 5 Selfie is not yet available in Brazilian stores. To be notified when it arrives click here .