Xiaomi decided to start fulfilling one of its promises today (09/21). According to some users in China, the company is already updating Mi 5S Plus for Android 8.0 Oreo bringing all the news of the operating system with MIUI 10 and many improvements focused on battery optimization.
In this way, many owners of the device hope that the new features will help the 2016 smartphone to survive some more time in their hands. That’s because the Snapdragon 821 chipset in conjunction with 6 GB of RAM still ensures good performance with the new operating system.
For now, the MIUI forums show that this update for Android Oreo is only being made available for Chinese gadgets . So it is still necessary to wait a little longer to find out if Xiaomi plans to launch the update in other markets.
Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
77.7 x 154.6 x 7.95 mm
5.7 inches – 1920×1080 px
- 5.7 inch screen
- Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) for displaying content
- 4 GB | 6 GB of RAM (LPDDR4)
- 64 GB | 128 GB of memory for internal storage (UFS 2.0)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 chipset
- Four-core Kryo processor running at up to 2.4 GHz
- Adreno 530 with increased clock
- Main camera with two 13-megapixel sensors
- 4 megapixel front camera
- Ultrasound Scanner (Qualcomm Sense ID)
- Dimensions of 154.6 x 77.7 x 7.95 mm
- Weight of 168 grams
- NFC, Dual-SIM 4G +, USB Type-C, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac
- Standard input headphones (3.5mm)
- 3,800-mah battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge support
- Android 8.0 Oreo as operating system, modified by Xiaomi’s own interface, MIUI 10
If you do not remember the Mi 5S Plus , do not hesitate to check our complete analysis of the device that has already passed through the TodoCelular bench.
The Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus is not yet available in Brazilian stores. To be notified when it arrives click here .