OnePlus 6 users will not have to wait for the successor’s arrival to receive Android Pie on their devices. The company began releasing the final update of the new version of the operating system, running under the OxygenOS interface, on Friday, 21.
According to the site Pocketnow, a small portion of users will receive the update even today. More users will be considered if no bug or critical fault is detected in this initial period, spreading progressively to the last active device on the planet.
A curiosity is that, from now on, the version of OxygenOS will follow the same number of the Android kernel on which it runs. Therefore, the interface that arrives at OnePlus 6 from this Friday is OxygenOS 9.0, because it runs on top of the Android 9.0 Foot.
- Updated system for Android 9.0 Foot
- Newest Android user interface
- New Adaptive Battery Holder
- New Android Foot gesture navigation
- Updated security for the September 2018 package
- Other new features and system improvements
- Do not disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb Mode (DND) with configurable settings
- New Game Mode 3.0
- Text notification mode added
- Including notification for third party calls
- Highlight color
- Support highlight color customization
To upgrade your OnePlus 6, simply go to the settings menu and search for system upgrade. If it is not yet available, wait for the next few days to receive the update.
While waiting for your device to arrive, check out our video with the first impressions of the latest version of Google’s operating system.
OnePlus 6 is not yet available in Brazilian stores. To be notified when it arrives click here