After the launch of its first gaming smartphone, Xiaomi is about to launch its successor, the Black Shark 2 . The news is, as often happens with Asian phones, the TENAAcertification body , with pictures of the phone but above all the technical data sheet .
Black Shark 2: here’s how it will be the new Xiaomi gaming phone
Compared to the previous model, this Black Shark 2 has a similar design but at the same time changed in the lines. The triangular texture and the logo on the back cover remain , again in metal, but this time the glass inserts are absent. The dual camera is no longer horizontally, at the top left, but vertical and at the center of the body. In addition, it is flanked by the rear ID sensor , instead of the front one seen with its predecessor.
Raising the brightness of the images, we notice that in front we have a display with reduced frames, although not extremely, with an upper and lower edge. This is again a 5.99 “Full HD + panel (2160 x 1080 pixels) with a ratio of 18: 9 . Although not specified, it should again have LCD technology, with 97% DCI-P3 coverage.
READ ALSO :
Review Xiaomi Youpin VH: the touch fan!
Performance will be provided by the Snapdragon 845 , with Adreno 630 GPU and liquid cooling system . There is also talk of an additional Pixelwork graphics processing chipset , along with 8 GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 128 GB of internal memory. To conclude, we will find a 4000 mAh battery with support for quick charging. In short, a Black Shark 2 that does not seem to want to revolutionize what was seen with the first product in the range.
Xiaomi Black Shark – Technical sheet
- 5.99-inch diagonal in-cell display with Full HD + resolution (2160 x 1080 pixels) and density of 403 PPI;
- dimensions of 161.6 x 75.4 x 9.25 mm for 190 g;
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor with Qualcomm Adreno 630 GPU;
- 6/8 GB of LPDDR4X-1866 dual channel RAM;
- 64/128 GB of internal memory UFS 2.1 not expandable;
- frontal fingerprint reader and facial recognition;
- dual 12 + 20 mega-pixel rear camera with f / 1.75-1.75 aperture , PDAF autofocus and dual LED flash;
- 20 mega-pixel front camera with f / 2.0 aperture ;
- support dual SIM LTE, Wi-Fi ac Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.0, aptX and aptX HD, USB Type-C, GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS / BeiDou;
- Battery 4000 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0;
- Android 8 Oreo operating system with JOY UI interface.