Android 9 Pie was released on Monday . We know that Xiaomi will make the software available for newer smartphones. Including the Mi Mix 2S model, which has already received the MIUI 10 beta with the new version of the system . Such a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, however, will not get the official update. Meanwhile, one of the developers from XDA-Developers has prepared the port.
Android 9 Pie in the form of an unofficial update for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 was created by XDA-Developers user nickname abhishek987 . The creator of the port claims that everything works as it should. There are no major errors that often occur in these types of ports. In this case, the software is free of bugs.
Of course, when installing Android 9 Pie on your own Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, you must be aware that you only do it at your own risk. In the event of any problems, you will have to deal with them yourself. It is worth bearing in mind. If you want to take a risk, you will find detailed instructions and necessary files in this thread .
Xiaomi has not yet announced a detailed list of smartphones that it plans to upgrade to Android 9 Pie. Of course, Redmi Note 4 will not hit it, because it’s a smartphone that did not even get Oreo. Its technical data can be found below.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 – specifications
- 5.5-inch screen with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels (401 ppi) and brightness 450 rivets
- 8-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor from Adreno 506
- 3 or 4 GB RAM memory type LPDDR3
- 32 or 64 GB flash memory for data
- microSD memory card reader (up to 128 GB, hybrid slot)
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 4G / LTE modem category 6
- dual SIM (micro SIM + nano SIM)
- 5 megapixel camera f / 2.0 for video calling and selfie
- camera 13 Mpix f / 2.0 with a LED diode and PDAF
- battery with a capacity of 4050 mAh
- microUSB 2.0 connector
- fingerprint scanner
- 151 x 76 x 8.35 mm
- 175 grams
- Android Nougat with MIUI 9